Millions of people have their identities stolen every year.
It’s true that technology can be confusing and even intimidating. However, this book contains all the information you need to empower and protect yourself. In this comprehensive and easy-to-read guide, you will quickly learn how to:
- surf the Internet freely and get downloads without censorship or restriction,
- prevent identity theft and keep cyber-criminals from hacking into your computer,
- stop search engines, social networking sites and powerful Internet players from tracking and profiling you,
- use encryption to keep your downloads, personal documents and sensitive information 100% hidden and safe,
- use the best (and often free!) privacy, anonymity and security software that really works,
- keep your computer free from viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, email/web bugs, spyware, adware and malware,
- prevent Big Brother, your Internet service provider (ISP) and unwelcome snoops from monitoring you,
- get rid of trace and hidden data on your computer that exposes your private activities, and
- apply all these techniques to areas of special interest such as:
- whether someone is up to mischief on their computer,
- safe online shopping,
- workplace and small office/home office (SOHO) issues, and
- shielding your children from potential harm.
You will benefit for years to come from your small investment in this book. After all, your privacy and security are priceless.
List Price: $ 24.99
Price: $ 14.19