DATA ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING is a teach-by-example approach, learner-friendly writing style, and complete Excel integration focusing on data analysis, modeling, and spreadsheet use in statistics and management science. The Premium Online Content Website (accessed by a unique code with every new book) includes links to the following add-ins: the Palisade Decision Tools Suite (@RISK, StatTools, PrecisionTree, TopRank, RISKOptimizer, NeuralTools, and Evolver); and SolverTable, allowing users to do sensitivity analysis. All of the add-ins is revised for Excel 2007 and notes about Excel 2010 are added where applicable.
About This Edition
- Chapters 2 and 3 are completely rewritten and reorganized, focusing on the description of one variable at a time, and relationships between variables. Both chapters have more coverage of categorical variables, as well as new and more interesting data sets in the examples. Many of the problems in previous editions were deleted or updated, and a number of brand new problems were added for relevance to current statistical analysis. A problem guide is available to instructors showing the context of each of the “data” problems, and it also shows the correspondence between problems in this edition and problems in the previous edition.
- The previous edition’s Chapter 4 is renamed Chapter 17, “Importing Data into Excel,” and is completely rewritten with its section on Excel tables located in Chapter 2. (Previous edition chapters 5-17 were renumbered 4-16.)
- The book is still based on Excel 2007, but notes about changes in Excel 2010 have been added where they apply. Specifically, there is a small section on the new slicers for pivot tables, and there are several mentions of the new statistical functions (although the old functions still work).
- Each chapter now has 10-20 more consistent and relevant “Conceptual Questions” in the end-of-chapter sections.
- The first two linear programming examples in Chapter 13 (replacing the former Chapter 14) are replaced by two product mix models, where the second builds on the first. The previous “diet” model was overly complex as a first linear programming example.
- Several chapter-opening vignettes are replaced with newer and more interesting ones and there are now many short “fundamental insights” throughout the chapters. These insights are designed to allow the students to step back from the details and see the really important ideas.
- All updated screenshots and accompanying explanations to reflect Excel 2007 and updated add-ins. Tips on Excel 2010 have been added where applicable. This edition now provides access to Excel add-in software via an access code to a Premium Online Content Website for every student purchasing a new book.
- Instructors’ Resource CD: PowerPoints, and Solutions, Case, and Example files have been updated to reflect the core text 4th edition. The Test Bank has been updated with new questions and is now offered in ExamView testing software.
List Price: $ 226.95
Price: $ 172.19
a WordPress rating system